Instructions for IV Sedation and Combination Oral with Nitrous
- DO NOT eat or drink for six (6) hours prior to your appointment. You may drink clear liquids (water, apple juice) up until two (2) hours prior to your appointment. You may use a small amount of water to take your prescribed medications prior to your appointment.
- You must be accompanied by a responsible adult who will escort you home and care for you after your procedure. You must NOT be left alone the first 6 hours after your sedation. Your escort will verify, with their signature, responsibility for caring for you. Please inform them of this before the procedure. If your escort is unable to remain during your treatment, we must have a telephone number to reach them. Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Continue to take your routine prescribed medications and any medications prescribed by Dr. Radatti or Dr. Duval with a small amount of water. In most circumstances your medication should be continued. Please do not alter your normal medication schedule unless Dr. Radatti or Dr. Duval has instructed you to do so.
- Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours prior to your appointment or while taking any prescribed pain medication.
- Do not eat high fatty foods for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- Do not wear tight fitting clothing. Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves to allow access to your arm for blood pressure monitoring.
- Do not wear fingernail polish.
- Remove contact lenses before your appointment.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify our office.